OmniPascal 0.9 – Namespaces and more
– The search path will be indexed on start up
– Code completion in uses sections suggests known unit names
– Support for full qualified names like System.Classes.TStringList
– Code completion only suggests types and namespaces when only a type name makes sense in the current context
– Code completion in interface declarations suggests a GUID
– An error is displayed when a unit name doesn’t match its file name
– An error is displayed for duplicate entries in uses section
– An error is displayed for unresolvable entries in uses sections
– A lightbulb appears on unresolvable uses entries which allows to create that file in the current folder
– Hints of hoverered unit names in uses sections look nicer
– Definitions of redeclared properties can be resolved and are part of code completion
– It’s possible to jump to the initial declaration of a redeclared property
– Support for hidden namespaces in uses section (for example “Classes” can be resolved to “System.Classes”)
– Code completion is disabled when defining a new symbol
– Code completion used the wrong scope from time to time especially when hitting the dot inside of if-statements or brackets.
– Signature help now highlights the current parameter as soon as the comma is entered
– Signature help didn’t work when used on a member’s method of an object like ObjectA.Member.Find()
– Warnings for incomplete method definitions in included files were created
– Go to a definition of a symbol which is defined in an included file no longer opens the including file but the include file
– Symbol definitions of included files were part of outlining
– No warnings have been created for missing implementations of overloaded methods if one of those methods already had an implementation
– UTF8 files with BOM header can be parsed now
– Protected symbols which should be invisible were part of code completion in special cases
– References to out parameters without type information (void types) can be found
– Quickinfo for variables of type “file” contained no type information
– Code completion showed empty suggestion item
– Code completion in specialized generic descendants didn’t include protected members of non generic base classes
– Parameterized type names in static method calls couldn’t be resolved
– Method names in static method calls on parameterized type names couldn’t be resolved
…as well as some speed improvements.
mp3 skullFebruary 25, 2016
Keep on working, great job!
raptMarch 21, 2016
not supports the *.pp and *.ppu?
WosiMarch 21, 2016
No, there is currently no support for these file types.
Johnc390April 4, 2016
whoah this weblog is wonderful i love studying your posts. Stay up the great work! You know, many individuals are searching round for this info, you can aid them greatly. bdcecdddeaae
LukasApril 24, 2017
Hi, is it possible to load code completition data from other than .pas files included in project ? i.e: .dll s ? My implementation refers to third party dll for which i cant have sources. How to make source completition work for these referenced units ?
WosiJuly 25, 2017
Sorry, I have totally missed yor comment. For now it’s not possible to get code completion working from DLLs or .DCU files. Sorry.