Introducing automatic build script generation
You are now able to load a project file in Visual Studio Code. You can either click the new OmniPascal project indicator in the status bar or execute the new command
OmniPascal: Load project. Pick a
.lpk file to open it. When it’s done you will see the currently loaded project file in the status bar.
The search path will be adjusted automatically when you open a project file.
If the new setting
omnipascal.createBuildScripts is set to
false by default) then a
tasks.json file and a
.bat file will be generated as soon as a project is loaded or the currently loaded project file changes. The generated
tasks.json defines both a build task and a test task. The build task will simply compile the loaded project while the test task will start the compiled application with the run parameters defined in the
.lpi file. If there is no
.lpi file for the project then OmniPascal won’t create a build script. So there are no auto generated build scripts for old Delphi projects.
The generated build scripts rely on MSBuild for Delphi projects and LazBuild for Lazarus projects. OmniPascal needs to know the location of these applications in order to work properly.
The path to MSBuild is defined in the setting
omnipascal.msbuildPath. If no path is defined OmniPascal will try to find the path by itself.
The path to LazBuild is be defined in
Changes in the OmniPascal settings are not reflected on the fly. You need to restart Visual Studio Code or execute the command
Reload Window when you change settings!
– The settings namespace used for OmniPascal is no longer
objectpascal but it’s
omnipascal. You need to change the settings in Visual Studio Code. For example: The setting
objectpascal.delphiInstallationPath has to be changed to
– The path to the FreePascal source files is no longer stored in
objectpascal.delphiInstallationPath. It’s now stored in
– FreePascal users need to set
FreePascal. The default value is
– Ability to load a project file
– Automatically adjust search path when opening a project file (loaded from .dproj and .lpi files)
– Automatic creation of tasks.json and a build script when loading a project that has a corresponding .dproj or .lpi file
– If DelphiInstallationPath is not defined in the settings then OmniPascal looks for the most recent Delphi installation path itself
– Fixed visibility of symbols defined in System.pas
– Aliases of full qualified types are now handled properly
– Fixed possible stack overflow when working with a generic class defined in the implementation section
– Fixed random crashes
– Parameterless calls to WriteLn, Write, ReadLn and Read can now be resolved
– Outlining in files with syntax errors works better
– Hints for constants of empty strings are now correct
– Implementations of overloaded methods could not be found when an alias for a parameter type is used in the implementation while the declaration uses the original type name
– Fixed internal error when code completion was requested for objects of a type that could not be resolved
– Fixed broken syntax highlighting for
Result and some keywords.